These bites are made almost entirely of superfoods and make for a great, healthy snack to have either for breakfast or on-the-go!
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 Tbsp spirulina
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao powder (or nibs)
- 1 Tbsp raw maca powder
- 1 scoop protein powder (Life's Basics Vanilla is highly recommended)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 2 Tbsp agave nectar (use 3 Tbsp if not using maple syrup)
- 1 cup strawberries
- ¼ cup dried goji berries
1) Blend dry ingredients (first five) in a blender.
2) Add syrup(s), and blend until a dough forms.
3) Empty dough into a mixing bowl.
4) Liquefy strawberries in the blender.
5) Pour liquid onto dough, add goji berries, and mix well.
6) Line a cookie sheet with foil or wax paper.
7) Using heaping tablespoonfuls, plop dough onto the cookie sheet evenly spaced.
(should get about 9 plops)
8) Turn oven on to lowest setting ("warm", or about 120 degrees),
and place cookie sheet in oven overnight (or about 8 hrs).
9) Remove from oven, and enjoy! :)
*Note: Bites may be wrapped individually and stored at room temperature for easy, on-the-go snacks.
Estimated Nutritional Content (using all ingredients listed above)
Fat: 2g Sat. Fat: 0g
Carb.: 12g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7g
22% Fat, 57% Carb, 21% Protein